Display a poster
You can be a huge help by printing our posters and flyers, and displaying them at your school or pace of work. Click an item name to download PDF. Note that these items are generic; for campaign-specific posters, please use the search link above.
Making your own posters? Click get logos here.
|Food list and drop-off locations||A4 PDF||Download 382KB|
|Cage wrap (front)
“Are we having dinner?”
|113cmx85cm PDF||Download 6MB|
|Cage Wrap (side)
“Will you tell him no?”
|“Your foodbank needs you”||
Thank you for your interest in helping tackle hunger in Luton. We always need more volunteers, so it doesn’t matter whether you can spare a couple of days a week or just a couple of hours. If you have any questions, or want to attend an induction session, please get in touch today.
|Mon||10am-midday 1pm-4pm||High Town|
|Fri||10am-midday 1pm-4pm||High Town|
We are looking for a relief driver to cover for absence during the week; approx 3-4 hrs each session
|Fri||10am-midday / 2pm-4pm||High Town|
We are looking for relief distribution volunteers who would be able to cover for holidays and sickness.
|One Sat/Sun a month||11am-1pm 1pm-3pm||Co-op, Sainsbury's, Tesco|
The following areas can be discussed and arranged. (am / pm / eve)
- PR, marketing, and events
- Website and social media
Luton Foodbank is based on best practice in volunteering. This Code of Practice aims to contribute towards a constructive and pleasant atmosphere in which to volunteer. It outlines what is expected of anyone acting as a volunteer and what they can expect in return. Volunteers are asked to sign this agreement, return to Luton Foodbank staff and retain one copy for themselves. This Code of Practice establishes a set of standards designed to help all understand the requirements of the voluntary activity, event organisers and the volunteers. As a general principle, volunteers should be clear about what they are doing and when, and this should be agreed in advance. However, where possible and reasonable, volunteers should also be flexible, support staff, volunteers and event and activity organisers where they can. The Code of Practice does not indicate a contractual relationship between volunteers and Luton Foodbank. The following standards will apply at all times.
Luton Foodbank Volunteers Can Expect:
● Clarity with regard to volunteering activities including attendance time, locations, breaks and travel and subsidence arrangements ● Appropriate training for their volunteer role ● Appropriate supervision with a named contact person at each event or activity. ● Volunteering in healthy and safe environment ● Equality of opportunity ● Day-to-day volunteering will not be eligible for reimbursement of expenses, reimbursement of agreed (with the Chair, Treasurer or Coordinator) extra-ordinary expenses will be allowed.
● Get involved with the local community ● Put your existing skills to good use, develop new skills ● Improve employment prospects ● Meet new people and feel part of a team
Whilst representing Luton Foodbank
● Behave accordingly to the Luton Foodbank Volunteers Code of Practice and abide by all relevant policies and procedures at all times when volunteering for Luton Foodbank. ● Undertake volunteering activities as agreed with the core volunteer, event or activity organiser ● Attend appropriate training as agreed ● Wear clothing suitable for your role and appropriate uniform if provided ● Take responsibility for your own health and safety, reporting any concerns to the identified supervisor. ● Contact the identified supervisor should any problems in observing this code of practice arise
A volunteer must:
● Understand, respect and work at all times without prejudice to race, age, ethnic origins, disability, gender, physical and mental health, religion, sexuality or cultural background. ● Understand that all forms of discrimination, including bullying and harassment are unacceptable and contravene the Luton Foodbank Diversity and Equality Policy. ● Perform his/her duties with honesty, integrity, impartiality, objectivity and a positive attitude
You Must Not:
● Take or be under the influence of drugs and drink ● Smoke, except during agreed break times ● Take any risks with your personal safety, or the safety of others ● Engage or intervene in any public order offences or criminal activities ● Use offensive language, or make inappropriate jokes or remarks
Host a food drive
If you would like to organise a food collection at your school, church, or place of work, please contact us for advice and promotional materials.
You can also download graphic elements for making your own posters from here.
The food you collect can be dropped off at our warehouse.
Looking for a way to market your business while also supporting your community? We now have a range of attractive Sponsorship Packages, which offer benefits to both our clients and your business.
Our Sponsorship Package Leaflet gives details of the levels of support your company can provide. Benefits include prominent placement on our home page, and your company’s logo on our digital newsletter. Please download the leaflet here and choose the level of sponsorship your business would like to offer. Help us to ensure that no one goes hungry in our town.
Thank you for your time and consideration. Without support from local businesses, Luton Foodbank would simply not be able to keep meeting the needs of Luton’s most vulnerable people. We hope you will be willing to support us in our endeavour.
If you’d like more details, please use the form below. We hope to hear from you soon.
Can your business sponsor £1 a day?
You could help feed 10 families a year by donating as little as £365!
In 2016, Luton Foodbank gave out 7,565 food parcels—an increase of 25% on 2015. Benefits-related issues and short term crises contribute to the financial strain individuals and families using the Foodbank are under. There is no end in sight to this trend, and we have a long way to go to meet our aim of ensuring no one goes hungry in our town.
Find out how to sponsor us
Become a member
If you’d like to take an active interest in the operation and development of the Luton Foodbank, why not become a member?
Become a referrer
Luton Foodbank currently works alongside 88 different referrers, so why not join us to ensure that no one goes hungry in our town.
Our main referrers are through education but we would like to meet the needs of all people who need our service. If you are working with people who fit our criteria, please contact us.
We work in partnership with different agencies in order to help as many clients as possible. We give out on average over 100 parcels a week and work with partners to help resolve crisis situations.
To find out more about how to become a referrer, contact us.
Tip: End-of-year events and collections alleviate the ‘school-holiday slump’ in donations.
Hold a Fundraising Event. Whether a bake sale, sponsored silence or talent show, every penny you raise will make a difference to those struggling to feed themselves.
Send collected money online at lutonfoodbank.org.uk/donate.
Become a Referring Agency. We would love to have your school up and running as a referral agency. This means if you came across a family in crisis, who would benefit from our support, you could issue a Foodbank voucher. They could then take it to a distribution centres to exchange for food parcels.
Hold a Food Drive. Set a date for your collection, and encourage the children to donate non-perishable food items. Non-uniform days have proved highly successful; instead of contributing money on non-uniform day, children bring in food items for Luton Foodbank.
Contact us for advice and for details on where to drop collected items.
Food Item wordsearch (141KB) PDF Download
10-minute Foodbank quiz (653KB) PDF Download
Cut-out & Colour-in Money Box PDF Download
Food parcel colouring sheet (93KB) JPG download
Foodbank presentation (13MB) Standalone Powerpoint Download
If you’d like to run a food drive or fundraising event, please contact us for advice and a fundraising pack .
If you want to create you own posters, you may find our media download page useful.